We are offering Telehealth services. Please call our office to Schedule your appointment.

Your Thyroid and You

Your Thyroid Can Cause More Than Just Weight Issues
The thyroid is a small yet powerful gland in the body. In addition to affecting your metabolism, it can also regulate the temperature of your body. When the thyroid is at the abnormal stages, you may experience fatigue, constipation and cold intolerance. A wacky thyroid could also affect the way you handle stress.

Hormones are produced in the thyroid gland, and the active amount is typically in the 20 percent range. The other 80 percent has to be converted. However, in order for this to happen, you need key ingredients such as selenium, iodine, zinc and normal progesterone and cortisol levels. The amount of active thyroid produced is decreased when your body gets too much fluoride. You can give your thyroid what it needs to function properly by eating a diet rich in all of these essential nutrients. From low sodium sea salt, kelp and cranberries, to oysters, pumpkin seeds, seafood, milk, eggs and oats, you’ll have the opportunity to feel better, maintain your ideal body weight and give your thyroid a fighting chance at a better life.

Iodine Rich Seaweed Smoothie Recipe

Seaweed is such a good source of iodine that they use it to make iodine supplements and going organic is important when selecting your seaweed. Opting for organic is always the best choice because the water in which it was harvested will be much cleaner.

Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.

What You Need:
1/2 cup Organic Kelp, chopped
1 Organic Apple, sliced
1/2 Organic Avocado
1 cup Coconut Water or 1 cup of plain yogurt

A good ratio to follow is 1/4 to 1/3 cup of liquid per each cup of solid ingredients. Feel free to experiment!

You can also use spinach for this recipe as it may be easier to find than seaweed.

Other iodine rich foods include:
Plain Yogurt

For non-dairy smoothies, substitute 1 cup rice milk for the milk and yogurt. Or, use soy yogurt or milk instead of dairy.

You Might Also Enjoy...

Testosterone Therapy: These Tiny Pellets Pack Huge Punch

Testosterone isn’t just a male hormone. In women, it can impact your skin, hair, mind, mood, sexual health, and function. If you’re going through menopause or haven’t been feeling like yourself lately, testosterone therapy can help!

7 Immune Boosting Supplements

Most women don't know how much their food choices affect their immune system. With the right nutrients you can eat your way to impenetrable immunity. In the wake of COVID19, I want to cover what delicious foods you and your family can eat to stay healthy.

Everything You Need to Know About Body Contouring

Who says you can't have it all? The recent advances in cosmetic procedures like body contouring are making it possible for everyday women to become their best selves. Optimize your mind, body and spirit with body sculpting, nutrition and exercising.

Do IV Vitamins really Work?

Description: Are IV Vitamin treatments like the Myers’ Cocktail and Glutathione worth the hype? Learn the science behind why the newest trend is revolutionizing the health and wellness industry one tiny needle at a time.